March 13, 2019
Each of the 13 Daily Cue Cards has a principle that will bring you closer to effective relationship witnessing. As you read and practice the information provided in this witness program, keep in mind, effective witnessing varies in proportion to attempts.
Read your Daily Cue Cards, first thing each morning, last thing each night. Start with Daily Cue Card number one (below) and read it twice daily for a week. Study the truths contain in it. Follow all the suggestions on the card. Each day applies the information to your life.
At the start of the second-week move on to the Daily Cue Card number 2. Repeat the same procedure you did for Daily Cue Card number one. Week-by-week you understand the principles of relationship witnessing better. Daily the principles will become a part of you. You’ll gain confidence as you seek opportunities to put your Daily Cue Card into action.
WEEK I, I Begin with PRAYER
“Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.” (Matthew 9:37, 38, HCSB)
Powerful, effective witnessing begins with prayer. Praying enables you to acknowledge your dependence on God. Prayer prepares you for service.
Prayer is more than talented talk. It’s spiritual communication with God. It’s talking with the Father. This act of seeking intimacy with God declares an act of faithfulness and we know God rewards the faithful
Pray with confidence. God is listening. God answers prayer. Jesus said, “And if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (Matthew 21:22)
Decide now that God wants to, can, and will answer your prayer. Stop. Pray, “Lord, here am I, use me.”
Guidelines to Relationship Witnessing
Prayer is the key to success when you:
- “Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The urgent request of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.” James. 5:16
- Keep God’s Commandments. Have confidence in God, “and can receive whatever we ask from Him because we keep His commands and do what is pleasing in His sight. I John 3:22
- Abide In God. “If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.” John. 15:7
- Ask in His name. “If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” John. 14:14
- Express Thanksgiving. “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Philippians 4:6
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the HCSB®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. HCSB® is a federally registered trademark of Holman Bible Publishers