April 3, 2019
This is week four in our personal witnessing journey. So far, we discussed:
- Today, I Began with Prayer
- I Must Confess All Sin
- I Must Desire to Witness
Today, we discuss: Develop Concern for a Specific Lost Person.
Recall the times you have prayed, “God bless the missionaries around the world that they might win those millions of lost souls.” Think about the times you asked God to be with your pastor as he sought the lost in your neighborhood.
As long as you speak in broad generalities and pray for unseen, faceless, nameless masses, you won’t get involved in personal witness.
Increase your witnessing opportunities by praying for a specific lost person. Pray for this individual; first thing each morning and the last thing each night.
Jesus said, “I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don’t need repentance.” (Luke 15:7, HCSB)
FIVE REASONS FOR BEING SPECIFIC
- Helps avoid the feeling of helplessness that arises from the sheer number of lost.
- Helps you concentrate on a specific individual.
- Focuses your energy, love, and concern on one for whom you care.
- Prepares you to be an instrument for God’s use.
5. By decreasing your list of lost, you Increase your witnessing opportunities.