May 10, 2023 –
Andy Rooney is my favorite writer of all time, and for over a decade, I have enjoyed his newspaper columns, books, and his time reporting on tv’s 60 Minutes. His sense of humor, sarcasm, and ability to select the most ordinary subjects — toilet paper, a key to the city, small talk at parties, where does time really go? and infuse people with life.
- I recently read an article where the writer listed some of his favorite Rooneyisms.
- Being kind is more important than being right.
- Every politician should be hooked up to a lie-decorator machine when speaking.
Ignoring the facts does not change the facts.
- That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
- Sometimes, all a person needs is a hand to hold.
- That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
As Andy Rooney would say, “I know you didn’t ask, but here are some thoughts to mull over.