October 28, 2020 –
One problem with life is it’s going too fast. It sometimes seems like we are racing and getting nowhere. In times of stress, we often think about the good old days and our lives as children.
Paradoxically, people want to be an adult and a child at the same. We are always setting out to be a pillar of society and not make a fool of ourselves. But lurking inside of us is a child wanting to get out.
Six important lessons about life we learn from children.
- First Important Lesson. A child is enthusiastic and has boundless energy.
- Second Important Lesson. A child is a learner.
- Third Important Lesson. A child quickly forgets and forgives.
- Fourth Important Lesson. A child lives in the moment.
- Fifth Important Lesson. A child sees beauty in everything.
- Sixth Important Lesson. A child colors outside the lines.
- Seventh Important Lesson. A child exhibits little prejudice.
I’ve thought how nice it would be if I were a child once more for the last few years. Each time this thought comes to mind, my answer is always no! I have lived in the best of times, and I can still improve my life if I only look through a child’s eyes.