April 29, 2021 –
Malachi, the last book in the Old Testament, reveals a third individual who walked with God. In the second chapter, God says, “My covenant with him (Levi) was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him as an object of reverence; so he revered Me and stood in awe of My name. True instruction was in his mouth, and unrighteousness was not found on his lips; he walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many back from iniquity (Malachi 2:5, 6).
In these two verses, God reveals six characteristics that equipped Levi to walk with Him.
- Levi revered God. He adored and worshiped God.
- Levi stood in awe of God’s name. He had a reverential fear of God.
- True instructions were in Levi’s mouth. He knew God’s will and faithfully taught others.
- Unrighteousness was not found on Levi’s lips. He did not speak evil or unclean things.
- Levi walked in peace and uprightness. His life was pure and good.
- Levi turned many back from iniquity. He had a strong moral influence on the lives of many.