November 22, 2023 –
There are countless things people attempt in the search for joy. But they are only trying to find happiness, not joy. Outside circumstances control happiness. Joy comes from within and is not determined by external situations.
Only love surpasses joy on the list of the gifts of the spirit. God tells us to be joyful. And He blesses the person who brings joy to other people’s lives.
Can you have a joyful heart? God provides a detailed blueprint for experiencing joy.
Here are seven sure ways to seamlessly add more joy to your day.
- Be hopeful, have patience and faithful prayers. “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” (Romans 12:12, NIV)
- Let your soul sing to God and rejoice. “My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to You because You have redeemed me.” (Psalms 71:23, HCSB)
- Always be rejoicing. “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice” (Philippians 4:4, NIV)
- Celebrate Jesus’ resurrection on the first day of the week. “This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24, KJV)
- Trust in God. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13, NIV)
- Have an upright heart. “Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous ones; And shout for joy, all you who are upright in heart.” Psalm 37:37.
- Be glad and shout for joy. “Be glad in the LORD and rejoice, you righteous; And shout for joy, all you upright in heart!” (Psalm 32:11, KJV)
Joy comes from within and is not determined by external situations. It is the result of being filled with the Spirit.